The Greene Center and our colleagues at the International Services Office (ISO) work together to support international students and alumni of the University of Rochester. We encourage you to build relationships with people at both of our offices to learn about our services and resources and to understand how your immigration status influences your career search.
The Greene Center
The Greene Center provides services and support including:
- Career education, exploration and advising services and resources to craft strategies and understand employment options (internships and jobs)
- Help with identifying employers that are likely to provide immigration sponsorship
- Opportunities to connect with employers and alumni
International Services Office (ISO)
ISO provides services and support to international students including:
- Maintaining F-1 & J-1 immigration status
- Individual advising on short-term and long-term immigration planning
- Obtaining U.S. employment authorization and documents
- Immigration documentation and record keeping
- Guidance on common employment issues and tax resources
Office for Global Engagement
The Office for Global Engagement is a hub for information about the University of Rochester’s international activities. Global Engagement works with the University’s academic and administrative units to:
- Identify and develop opportunities for the University to enlarge its international engagement in research and education.
- Provide central support for and coordination of international activities undertaken by the University’s schools and units.
- Represent the University in dealings with major international partners and relevant international agencies.
- Gather, analyze, and present data on the University’s international connections and engagement.
- Provide services (such as visa documentation, sponsorship, immigration advice, reporting, and more) to University’s international visitors as well as the administrators and departments that support them.
Launched in November 2021, Interstride is an online international student portal that includes focused resources, student services and jobs and internships specific for our international community. See student videos, view webinars and events, or apply for positions open to CPT/OPT or visa sponsorship. Check out one of their latest webinars related to job search strategies for international students here that was live in fall 2022 featured by both the Greene Center and ISO!
CPT and Internships for Credit
Can international students do internships? YES!
Hi folks, happy Thursday! For this months blog, we wanted to highlight a handful of different topics including: CPT, upcoming ISO events, Career Week, and other resources.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT):
The CPT application process can seem tricky at first, …
Join us on January 30th from 1:30pm – 2:30pm in the Greene Center for a discussion on navigating the U.S. job market and what you can be doing while at Rochester, both inside and outside of the classroom, to become your best candidate.https://bit.ly/493Feqf
Written by Anayat Durrani | Nov. 17, 2022, at 9:16 a.m.
Good afternoon! This month’s identity blog centers around an upcoming event for all students.. the holiday/break season! A break is always nice, but figuring it how to spend it can …