What other ways can I gain competencies that employers like to see?
Beyond gaining internship and work experiences and fulfilling your degree requirements, there are other things that you can do to find out your interests, build your resume, and become career ready.
- Take a class such as CAS 104 ROC your life (+Your Career) and WRT 277 Communicating Your Professional Identity. These courses are focused on career development, exploration, and communication of the professional self.
- If you are a first-year student, US Life: Customs & Practices is a course specifically designed to explore campus, community and American culture, and enhance intercultural competence.
- Visit the Writing, Speaking and Argument Center, which can assist with writing, speaking and presenting skills.
- Practice your interview and networking skills with a Greene Center advisor.
- Join a student organization to become involved on campus and beyond and provide opportunities for leadership, help you make connections, and allow you to explore your interests.