Parents and Families are important to a student’s experience at Rochester. You can strengthen connections with your student by:
- Encouraging them to explore job and internship opportunities within Handshake.
- Motivating them to start building their network within the UR community through The Meliora Collective.
- Helping them understand the importance of career exploration and advising through 1:1 appointments and drop-in hours at the Greene Center.
- Exploring industries, career paths and ideas through our Career Communities.
- Regularly checking our calendar for upcoming events on and off-campus.
Quick read for parents on how to support their college students. Great for first year students and refresher for any class year.
You’ve dropped off your freshman at college, and you are probably …