Opportunities for Students
We rely on an outstanding staff of student employees, and hire undergraduate students throughout the year. Our student team members collaborate to deliver outstanding service, develop new initiatives and project ideas that support the Greene Center’s strategic planning efforts and provide student perspective to assist with resource evaluation and program management. Below are a sample of ways our student employees contribute to our work. If you’re interested in joining our team come on into the center, introduce yourself, and chat with one of our staff, or apply through JobLink or Handshake.
What You Get From Us
- A work environment that never looks the same day-to-day.
- Supervisors and teammates invested in your growth.
- An opportunity to determine what competencies and skills you would like to develop, and support to grow in those areas.
- The opportunity to bring forward new ideas, suggestions and ways we can improve or reach others more effectively.
- More than a job – The Greene Center is a community, highly collaborative, and invested in the success of all of our teammates. We work hard, and also enjoy celebrating milestones, holidays, and a job well done.
What We Look For in New Student Team Members
- Diversity – We strive for diversity in our hiring process, including diversity of thought, experience and skillsets. No cookie cutter team members here!
- Growth mindset – We look for learners and growers, folks who continuously strive to adapt, evolve and better themselves and our team.
- Collaborators – We’re not helping “Students and alumni create meaningful lives and thriving in an ever-changing world.” on our own! Every member of our team works with campus partners, students, parents, alumni and faculty to bring this vision forward, so team-driven attitude required!
- Ambassadors – Excitement and investment in helping all UofR students succeed.
The University of Rochester does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates.
Typical positions we hire throughout the year
Peer Career Advisors and Ambassadors
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) are trained and supervised student employees who provide career development assistance on a peer-to-peer level and serve as crucial student ambassadors to the Greene Center through a variety of initiatives.
The primary function of the Customer Experience Assistant is to serve as the main point of contact at the front desk of the Greene Center by providing welcoming, high quality assistance through various forms of communication. The team member in this role interacts regularly with Greene Center staff, as well as students, alumni, faculty and employers and serves as a vital direct link between the Greene Center and students who are seeking career and other related assistance and resources.
Marketing & Communications
Are you interested in helping students find their interests and cool opportunities to explore like internships, jobs, etc? Do you get excited when making connections between what you learn at UR and how that can apply to the world outside of campus? Love to share helpful and exciting resources with your friends? Great! The Greene Team is the place for you.
Marketing and Communications Specialist – This role is for someone who loves a good social media strategy and who has experience with various forms of content creation. This role may be remote/virtual with flexible hours and start/end dates.
Video Specialist – This role is for someone who has video creation and editing experience and understands the power of video in our digital age. This role may be remote/virtual with flexible hours and start/end dates.
Podcaster & Communications Specialist – The primary role of this position will be to co-host our podcast, Careers Unfiltered, and assist with the production process. This role is for someone who is naturally curious about careers and comfortable conducting interviews and building relationships with University of Rochester Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Students. This role may be remote/virtual with flexible hours and start/end dates.
Employer & Alumni Connections
Alumni Volunteer Program Assistant – The Alumni Volunteer Program Assistant role involves entering data from various sources into the office’s computer database for processing and management. They manage a large amount of information that is often sensitive or confidential. In addition to data entry, the Alumni Volunteer Program Assistant will assist the Alumni Volunteer Program Director on planning and managing events of varying sizes with the purpose of engaging alumni/parent volunteers with The Greene Center.
Employer Relations & Event Assistant – As a member of the Employer and Alumni Connections team, support, promote, and advance our Clothing Closet initiative, facilitate employer engagement, and assist with student programming.