Requesting a Faculty/Staff Handshake account
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Handshake, the University of Rochester’s multi-function career exploration, job, and internship connection tool.
Simply fill out a few details for us below, we’ll build a student account for you and send along a message to verify your account!
- You will be receiving a “student” account, so you will be able to see exactly what your students see in the system.
- We encourage you to complete the “Career Interests” section of your student profile, including selecting relevant Career Clusters to receive the most up to date information on relevant events, application deadlines, and career community recommendations.
- You are welcome to forward any promotions you receive through Handshake on to your students.
- With a student level account, it can be confusing if you make your profile public to employers or fellow students, so we recommend avoiding this.
- We aim to empower students to have discussions directly with employers and alumni, and ask that you encourage this as well, rather than reaching out on a student’s behalf.