Greene Center Course Development Grants
The Gwen M. Greene Center for Career Education and Connections is announcing a new grant opportunity for AS&E instructors to support the integration of career education and experiential learning into the classroom. Embedding career-related activities into courses helps students better connect and articulate how the concepts they learn relate to their professional development and career aspirations. Moreover, explicitly bringing career education into the classroom removes barriers that limit student access to experiential learning and further prepares students for success.
Grant Description: Instructors can receive a $5000 stipend to support the integration of local employer-based projects into spring 2023 AS&E undergraduate courses. The Greene Center will support the instructor with building potential employer partnerships and projects for small teams of students. Funds are intended to compensate instructor time for course development and implementation; no budget proposal is needed.
Application Process: Interested applicants can submit their applications here. Please submit a separate application for each individual course you are proposing. The following components should be included in the application form:
- A short (4-5 sentence) professional bio
- A course syllabus
- A description of the type of project(s) needed
For questions or to discuss ideas, contact Caterina Caiazza, Ed.D., Director of Career Curriculum Initiatives.
- Application Deadline: September 26, 2022 at 9:00 AM
- Notification of Awards: October 3, 2022
Supporting Articles and Resources:
- Career Services in the Classroom, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Bringing Career Skills into the Classroom, Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU)
- Career Exploration in College, Inside Higher Ed
- Career Education Meets the Classroom, Curriculum, and Faculty, The Association of Colleges and University Educators (ACUE)
- 5 Ways to Bring Career Exploration for College Students to the Classroom, Wisr