The Building Solutions Specialist (BSS) is a member of the Demand Creation team and works alongside a group of individuals to provide architectural and design services to specifiers. The BSS will be responsible for supporting members of the Demand Creation team. The BSS is also responsible for developing new business and account management of existing business within their territory by securing specifications / conversions through strategically targeted architecture/design firms. Ultimately increasing our company’s specifications and leads for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following statements:
- Become the resource that provides solutions for products and applications for accounts by educating and training on product capabilities to customers staff and/or trades.
- Responsible for an assigned area of expertise per business requirements. (e.g.: Design Standards, ADA, Professional Practice).
- Ability to develop proficiency on multiple products and stay current on trends.
- Assists in the execution of all design business operations and accountable for achieving desired business results.
- Oversees project coordination within internal departments.
- Prepares scope and tracks projects for new business opportunities.
- Monitors project scope and recommends solutions to Building Solutions Specialists
- Provides ADA, building code and design expertise
- Review CRM (Salesforce) database to extract relevant detail for current and upcoming projects.
- Use the CRM (Salesforce) software to effectively managing opportunity pipeline, log activities, keep all records up to date and following the established processes and guidelines.
- Provide on-going expertise and education to account base through regular calls, visits, and active participation in key industry organizations.
- Schedule, attend and conduct continuing education seminars for all product lines
Experience in Architectural, Design or Construction industry highly preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and email. Should have knowledge of AutoCAD (preferred), BIM/Revit (required), Illustrator, Masterspec (desirable), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 Years of experience in Architecture, Design or Construction industry preferred
Systems: Microsoft Suites and Salesforce
Travel Requirements: Must travel throughout the assigned territory daily as designated by Manager
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds to deliver samples
Must possess a valid driver’s license.