The Out for Undergrad Engineering Conference will be held in person in Fall 2022 (September 16-18). Official dates and location will be shared in the upcoming months. This conference is geared towards serving students that identify as LGBTQ+ and plan on pursuing a career in engineering, whether it be industry or academia. Students are admitted on a rolling basis.
The conference is free to attend! Flights, hotel, and conference costs are covered entirely by O4U thanks to our sponsors, with no application or registration fee!
Here is a little more about the conference:
• Out for Undergrad is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization designed to help high-achieving LGBTQ undergrads reach their full potential.
• LGBTQ+ engineering students will have the opportunity to discuss being out in the engineering industry and hear from professionals who are out in their careers.
• Students will network with LGBTQ+ peers and professionals from top engineering companies from a wide range of industries across the country.
• Students will have the opportunity to find LGBTQ+ mentors in their field.
• Sponsoring companies will recruit students for jobs and internships at the career fair and throughout the conference. Some company sponsors in the past have included: General Motors, Medtronic, Clorox, Blue Origin, Genentech, Accenture, Barr, university graduate programs, and more!
• Apply here: Out for Undergrad Fall 2022 Application: https://outforundergrad.typeform.com/Fall-App?typeform-source=www.outforundergrad.org
• For more information, check out the conference website: https://www.outforundergrad.org/engineering?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=204750401&_hsenc=p2ANqtz–_y9IVcFJP52tsFkdLggjykCK7ao81itmlN_PRu7CXqtCgH4FsA_VahBPlzBKoBZxowCRPdcyNN5j7poOYfrYMn8v5kyATTfwH9vV0cunwvaeEG3Q&utm_content=204750401&utm_source=hs_email
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.